Light a candle for a special day of remembrance
Remembering the Elders of Coronavirus pays tribute to the elders we have lost worldwide during the coronavirus pandemic. This health crisis has robbed our communities of elders who greatly contributed to our society and our lives and has impacted aged care organizations and older adults in countless ways. We encourage the Global Ageing Network community, care providers, elders, and their families around the world to share photos and videos of candle lightings.
Ways to Participate
- Share a candle lighting photo or video on social media and include #RememberCoronavirusElders. (If you are unable to light a real candle, there are several free candle apps. you can use instead.)
- Organize an organization-wide or team-wide candle lighting on Zoom and share the recording on social media and include #RememberCoronavirusElders. Click here if you need further assistance organizing the candle lighting on Zoom.
- Share Global Ageing Network posts on your social media and include #RememberCoronavirusElders.
- Help us promote the day of remembrance.
Sample Social Media Posts
- Today we remember the elders lost to coronavirus. This pandemic has robbed our communities of elders who greatly contributed to our society and our lives. Join us in lighting a candle in remembrance. #RememberCoronavirusElders https://globalageing.org/remember-the-elders-of-coronavirus/
- Join @GlobalAgeing and me in remembering the elders we have lost during the #coronavirus pandemic. May they never be forgotten. #RememberCoronavirusElders https://globalageing.org/remember-the-elders-of-coronavirus/
Learn how to share an organization-wide Zoom candle lighting and use this toolkit to share with your community.