2015 Technology Forum
IAHSA-CAST Technology Forum – Perth 2015
Technology has changed every aspect of our lives and affected every sector. It has disrupted many industries creating new modalities of services and making others a thing of the past; think what the Internet travel site did to travel agencies!
Ageing Services is no exception, and technologies like EHRs, Health Information Exchange, Telehealth, Remote Monitoring, Medication Management etc. are key enablers and have become a business imperative when we consider changing consumer needs and demands, the need for higher efficiencies, the shortage of caregivers, the shifting reimbursement landscape and increasing quality reporting requirements.
The LeadingAge Center for Aging Services Technologies (CAST) has focused its efforts in the past few years on developing practical hands-on tools that help providers better understand, plan for, select and implement appropriate technologies, thus filling an important knowledge gap. It has also put significant emphasis on collecting provider case studies and field evaluations to help providers learn by example from pioneering providers.
This forum will:
- Provide an overview of the state of ageing services technologies
- Explore in depth provider considerations in selecting electronic health records, telehealth devices and medication management technologies
- Demonstrate decision making tools that CAST developed and discuss technology applications in provider settings through provider case studies.
- Majd Alwan, SVP of Technology, LeadingAge, Executive Director, Center for Aging Services Technologies (CAST)
- Scott Code, Aging Services Technologies Manager, CAST
Date: 31 August 2015
Venue: Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre (room to be advised at a later date)
Registration Cost (includes afternoon tea):
- $150 (ACSA / IAHSA Members)
- $180 (ACSA / IAHSA Non-members)