Excellence in Applied Research Award
2017 Nominations Deadline: February 27, 2017
The Global Ageing Excellence in Applied Research Award recognizes ongoing commitment to quality in ageing services through evidence-based research, translation of research into practice, and dissemination of research findings through internal and external shared learning opportunities.
Criteria for this award:
- Demonstrated commitment to “giving back” to the field by sharing research findings and innovative practices with peers.
- Research focused on challenges and needs in provider settings or that can influence services and supporters.
- Research that can be or has been translated into practice.
Global Ageing Network members or non-member individuals are eligible for this award.
How to Submit:
Entry Format: Nominations can be submitted via our online submissions form. Up to three letters of support from persons outside the organization may also be included with your application. These letters of support should address the award criteria specifically. Letters of support can be uploaded to the online form as a PDF or Word doc.
We encourage you to prepare your responses in advance of completing the online nomination form. Please be prepared to answer the below questions for the Excellence in Applied Research Award. (Each response should be limited to 300 words MAX.)
- Provide a brief description of the nominated organization or individual (mission, size, scope of services, persons served, etc.)
- When was the research undertaken?
- Describe any unique approaches to implementation or creative use of the research.
- What challenge or issue did the research address?
- What results have been achieve through the research?
- How were the research results translated into practice?
- What key discoveries resulted from translating the research into practice?
Judging and Notification:
Submissions must be made no later than 27 February 2017. The Global Ageing Network Awards Committee will review the candidates and make their recommendation to the Global Ageing Network Board of Directors. Award recipients will be notified in April 2017 and the the winning award[s] will be presented at the Global Ageing Network/CURAVIVA international conference in Montreux, Switzerland, 18-21 September 2017. If you have any questions about Excellence in Ageing Services Awards Program or the nomination process, please contact us at email@example.com.